SIMPRA’s Financial Packaging Services includes:
- Emerging Market Risk Mitigation
- Structured Trade financial products including Export Credit Agencies (USExIm, CoFace, Hermes)
- Structured Pre-export finance (using security over future commodity productions to collateralize a loan)
- Project finance
- Advising on optimal structure
Emerging Market Risk Mitigation:
SIMPRA’s risk mitigation measures are usually formulated according to one or more of the following major risk options, which are:
- Designing a new business process with adequate built-in risk control and containment measures from the start.
- Periodically re-assessing risks that are accepted in ongoing processes as a normal feature of business operations and modify mitigation measures.
- Transferring risks to an external agency (e.g. OPIC’s Political Risk Insurance)
- Avoiding risks altogether (e.g. by closing down a particular high-risk business area)
Research has shown that the financial benefits of risk management are less dependent on the formula used but are more dependent on the frequency and how risk assessment is performed. SIMPRA is able to present the findings of risk assessments in financial terms.